Wednesday, February 22, 2023

"Tethered" - The Binding Chronicles, Book 1

 So... I literally just finished reading "Tethered" by Elayna Gallea and I am so MAD that I have to wait a year to find out what happens in book 2!!!!

"Tethered" is an arranged marriage human/vampire romance story with strong "Twilight" and "A Court of Thorns and Roses" vibes. And while the similarities to these two popular series are almost too much at times, this was a highly enjoyable story that I was able to read easily in two days. There are also some unique qualities to this story that set it apart from these other series. The Biding Ceremony was an interesting concept as well as the two main characters being "tethered" It added a new dynamic to a story line that is very popular. 

The story follows Luna, a mortal girl of 21 one from a human kingdom, and Sebastian, a morally gray vampire prince. The romance between these two was definitely a slow burn and this was ultimately a clean romance, but I could see things heating up between these two characters in the next book. As the two main characters begin to reluctantly fall for each other, their entire world is threatened by something known as "The Darkness". Gallea doesn't go into much detail about this yet, but I think it will be playing a major role in the next book. 

There were times when Luna's actions or words made me roll my eyes, and Sebastian didn't really seem morally gray enough for his fearsome reputation, but that didn't stop me from rooting for these characters and enjoying the development of their relationship. 

Overall, this was a highly enjoyable book if you like romances, arranged marriages, monsters, and suspense. Parts of the story could have been fleshed out a bit more. For example, Luna's brother, the witch who cared for him, and the world building in general could have used a bit more attention, but that didn't detract from the overall feel of the story. 

Book one ends on a bit of a cliffhanger, so I have already pre-ordered book two. 

Now, I just have to wait...



No comments:

Post a Comment

"I Am NOT a Serial Killer" by Dan Wells

  "I am NOT Serial Killer" has been on our library shelves for a few years now, and at the urging of my younger sister and a fello...