Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Finding "Kingdom of the Cursed" by Kerri Mansicalco

 While I still love the story line and the premise of this series, I have to admit I didn't enjoy this book quite as much as the first one. I enjoyed the increased spice level of this book between Emilia and Wrath but I almost constantly felt like I wanted to slap some sense into Emilia.


She is constantly thinking about her schemes and how she is going to have to be smart to find out who is behind her sister's murder, and then she goes and does something completely stupid.

description

There was A LOT going on in this book and I feel like it made the plot feel a little scattered. (view spoiler) I wish that some of the big reveals that came in the last 5 chapters had been introduced a little sooner in this book so we could get a better feel for how they are going to impact Wrath and Emilia's relationship. (view spoiler)

My biggest gripe is that I kept thinking, "Emilia doesn't deserve Wrath". And this made me sad. I really enjoy Emilia as a character and I am ready for her to branch out more and show greater depth. I don't want her to completely throw aside her need for vengeance, I just want it to be a facet of her more complex character development.

I still love this series and I am very excited for the final book to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I Am NOT a Serial Killer" by Dan Wells

  "I am NOT Serial Killer" has been on our library shelves for a few years now, and at the urging of my younger sister and a fello...